Thursday, March 5, 2009

How often do you visit your Local Library?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You call yourselves my friends and the largest majority of you don't even utilize your local library? Do you realize that you ... as a tax payer ... pay for your local library through your property taxes? Basically if you don't use it ... you are GIVING AWAY YOUR TAX DOLLARS! Are you aware of what your local library has to offer? Essentially is it your own PERSONAL "Barnes and Noble" and "Blockbuster Video Store" all rolled into one convenient location. You can check out all the latest (and even older one that you undoubtely missed) books, videos, music CD's, newspapers, magazines, classes for all ages, and much, much more! You can have FREE HIGH SPEED INTERNET at your finger tips in just moments! (unless you come into my library between 3-5 pm when all the school kids are there ... then you might have a wait a while!)

But seriously. If you said on the survey that you haven't been to your local public library in a while ... do yourself a favor and GO! The libraries of today are MUCH DIFFERENT THAN WHAT YOU REMEMBER from your childhood. There is so much being offered to you and like I said earlier ... you already paid for it, why not take advantage of it!

Be sure to let me know when you have gone ... and what your impressions were!

3 comments:

  1. I love the library! Free movies, DVDs, books, even video games! I am a regular at my library in Anderson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go David! As it should be! You are taking advantage of what is being offered to you and my proverbial hat ... is off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan and I are there at least once a week - I am an avid reader (and so are 2 of my girls), and just can't afford my habit without my library! My only beef with my library is unique to Princeton - when they built our new beautiful library about 4 or 5 years ago, they put in a municipal garage, so we now have to pay to park to use it, and it's just far enough away, down busy enough streets that walking there isn't really an option. If I go more than 30 min, I pay to park! Yuck! Over the years, they have validated when the town can afford it (it was supposed to be free for 2 hours, but BUDGETS), so it makes story time (OUR FAVORITE) expensive if it's an off-validation time...

    ReplyDelete